Note: you can listen to this episode above or load it up in iTunes.
14 Different Stories You Can Tell to Get People Reading Your Blog
Today’s episode is about how to work out what to write about when you feel like you have nothing left to say. It’s part two on this topic, so you might like to listen back to episode 80 first. I share 14 different types of stories you can use to get people excited about reading your blog, and resources and reading you can refer to into the future when you get stuck.
In This Episode
- How to tell a personal discovery story
- How to tell an illustrative or analogous story
- How to share a success story
- How to share a story about failure
- How to tell someone else’s story
- How to tell ‘How I did it’ stories
- How to tell a biography story – a story about someone else
- How to tell your autobiography – tell your own story from start to finish
- How to use images or video to tell a story
- How to tell a story using a case study
- How to tell a fictitious story
- How to share reader stories
- How to tell collective stories
- How to tell ‘Imagine if…’ stories
Further Reading and Resources for 14 Different Stories You Can Tell to Get People Reading Your Blog
- Podcast Episode 80: What to Write When You Feel Like You’ve Got Nothing Left to Say
- Podcast Episode 38: The Biggest Lesson I Learned About Building a Profitable Blog in 2015
- Podcast Episode 67: Why You Should Create a Product to Sell On Your Blog (and Tips on How to Do It)
- How to Quit Your Job, Move to Paradise and Get Paid to Change the World
- How NOT to Send an Email: A Day We’d Rather Forget But a Story We Need to Tell
- Content Week Case Study: Carly Heitlinger of The College Prepster
- How A Simple Blog Led To Writing For Forbes, Mashable, and TechCrunch (and 7 Tips to Help You Do it Too!)
- Becoming a ProBlogger – A story in Many Parts
- 12 Blogging Income Streams [And the Story of My 10 Year ‘Overnight’ Success]
- How to Craft a Blog Post – 10 Crucial Points to Pause
- Why Stories are an Effective Communication Tool for Your Blog
- The Science of Storytelling: 6 Ways to Write More Persuasive Stories
- The 5 Things Every (Great) Marketing Story Needs
How did you go with today’s episode?
What other types of stories have worked for you? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below. Feel free to include a link to an example of one of your story blog posts that has done well.
Enjoy this podcast? Sign up to our ProBloggerPLUS newsletter to get notified of all new tutorials and podcasts below.